CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Gimmpy

Last night, Madi was standing on a chair in the kitchen helping me make dinner, like she sometimes does, and the chair toppled over landing on her foot. I had walked over to the pantry to get something out really quick (like 3 steps away) and I think she climbed up on the back bar of the chair and it went down. But I didn't get to see it happen so I am not sure. When I looked at her at first I thought she had hit her face on the floor but she kept saying "Owie feet". Her right foot was a little red so I guess the chair landed on it or something. She wouldn't walk on it at first but we went outside and found a little puppy to play with and she limped around on it a little, but definitely not her normal self. So this morning when she stood up to walk towards me for the first time and was still limping and said "owie feet" again I decided to go get it checked out. The x-rays looked fine but they still wanted to put her in a splint just in case. She won't put her weight on it when standing still and the Dr. said that that is not normal for someone as small as she is unless there is really something wrong with it. She likes her "boot" and is already walking around on it. She looks so cute but I feel bad for her. But hopefully she gets better quick and there really is nothing wrong with it. And I guess I should get everything out of the pantry before I put her up on the chair next time! :(

8 comments:

CHMomma said...

don't beat yourself up! im constanly leaving the boys on stepstools by the counter while i get something from the pantry. im suprised one of them hasnt fallen and "gimped" themselves yet.
i hope she gets better soon

The Osborn Family said...

So Sad! She looks so adorable though. Don't feel bad. I did the same thing but to my friends kid who I was tending! I felt so awful. Things can happen so fast and you are such a good momma!

Anonymous said...

Madi is tough she will be fine and yeah dont feel bad thats what being a mom is all about. At least you didnt stick her head in a ceiling fan while it was going on high like Casey did to Dylan poor Casey I'll never let him live that down :)

sochie said...

everyone is right, dont feel bad, its all part of being a mom. on the bright side though, she is hands down the cutest, most adorable gimpy i've ever seen. :) I love you guys!!

Christen & Aaron said...

We hope Madi is doing better!!! Don't feel bad sometimes that is the way they have to learn that their not invinsible!! Our girls have had their fair share!! Patsy has a big ol scratch on her mouth because she thought that she would be cool and jump off of the diving board backwards!!!

Ash Kelley said...

cutest little gimp i've ever seen!

SHERI said...

Hey Brittney-
I just found your blog! Very cool!
I didn't even know you were expecting! Chris said the same thing about having too many girls trying for a boy. Good thing our second was a boy! Congrats!

Deanna said...

It's funny the blogs you find through other people...your daughter is so cute, congrats on #2